Course Content Content Development
Course Content Criteria Development Forums are opportunities for faculty to review and provide feedback on draft language for GE area content criteria. Course Content Criteria is a listing of crucial elements of a course (e.g. student actitivies, assignments, readings, learning outcomes) to reflect the disciplinary expertise of the content area. After approved by Academic Senate, Course Content Criteria is used by the GE Subcommittee to review and approve courses for the General Education Program. If unable to attend the forums, faculty are welcome to provide feedback via Qualtrics Surveys (distributed via email) or directly to the GE Subcommittee.
- Social Sciences GE area D Initial Development Workshop: Friday, January 31, 12:00-1:30 PM, Salazar 2014
- Provide feedback starting: February 3 via Qualtrics, or by emailing the GE Subcommittee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback Forum: Friday, February 7, 12:00-1:00 PM, Salazar 2014
Design Assessment Rubrics*
Attend one or both, work together to develop the rubrics by which GE Learning Outcomes will be assessed.
- Wednesday, February 5, 3:30-5:00PM, Salazar 2014
- Tuesday, February 11, 1:00-2:30 PM, Stevenson 3030
Faculty and staf are prepared to come to your Faculty Meeting or Curriculum Committee to run workshops on GE. Consider hosting a workshop on:
- Signature Assignments
- GE Assessment
- Advising in the new GE
*Lecturers and full-time T/TT faculty are eligible to earn $100 in professional development funds for participating in each section of the Design Assessment Rubrics workshops. Space and funding are limited; please RSVP to email@example.com.